Hey guys

This is a forum for THUG Pro.
MrMurder
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:11 pm

Hey guys

Post by MrMurder »

Hey guys I'm just a newbie on this forum, but I've actually been learning how to mod for over a year now! And I still don't even know anything past THPS3-4 QB scripts....anyways will there be Proving Ground levels in a future THUGPro update?

K3V1N4000
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:56 pm

Re: Hey guys

Post by K3V1N4000 »

MrMurder wrote:anyways will there be Proving Ground levels in a future THUGPro update?
Maybe, it'd be cool, tho, i'd like to see those levels in-game, specially the one where you push a mugger into the ocean!
Your head.
Use it before posting, please.

Thank you.

MrMurder
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:11 pm

Re: Hey guys

Post by MrMurder »

I sure hope they do! :)

Morten1337
Site Admin
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:23 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Hey guys

Post by Morten1337 »

Proving Ground was not released on the original xbox. So we would have to convert the ps2 level files, which are very different.

Our tools mainly support the xbox level format. And i have no plans on supporting ps2 anytime soon.
The wii version has a format that is more similar to the xbox tho.

But the priority of THPG and THDJ levels isnt very high. And i dont know if we will ever see those levels in THUG Pro.

Some research has been made on the x360 versions of the THP8 and THPG, but i dont think it will work that well in THUG Pro.
I might release some tools or info on that eventually.

K3V1N4000
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:56 pm

Re: Hey guys

Post by K3V1N4000 »

Morten1337 wrote:Proving Ground was not released on the original xbox. So we would have to convert the ps2 level files, which are very different.

Our tools mainly support the xbox level format. And i have no plans on supporting ps2 anytime soon.
The wii version has a format that is more similar to the xbox tho.

But the priority of THPG and THDJ levels isnt very high. And i dont know if we will ever see those levels in THUG Pro.

Some research has been made on the x360 versions of the THP8 and THPG, but i dont think it will work that well in THUG Pro.
I might release some tools or info on that eventually.
Ohh, well, it isn't my biggest priority either :lol:

And about THP8/THPG for Xbox360, wouldn't the levels come without shadows because of dynamic lightning and stuff? Cuz i remember it happened on GTA SA when you ported something from another game, wouldn't it happen here too if you ported those levels from that console? :l
Your head.
Use it before posting, please.

Thank you.

Skater1014
VIP
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:53 pm
Location: 'Murica!
Contact:

THPG Wii Levels

Post by Skater1014 »

Morten1337 wrote: The wii version has a format that is more similar to the xbox tho.
Also, the levels themselves in-game are if not identical, then exactly the same as PS2 on the Wii version.

Then again, I never owned the PS2 version but just looking at it online, & trying to emulate it, I can tell that it's the same as the Wii version.
I do legally own & play the Wii version.

MrMurder
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:11 pm

Re: Hey guys

Post by MrMurder »

Morten1337 wrote:
Some research has been made on the x360 versions of the THP8 and THPG, but i dont think it will work that well in THUG Pro.
I might release some tools or info on that eventually.
So Xbox 360 levels might work?

ThAEm
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:15 pm
Location: United States

Re: Hey guys

Post by ThAEm »

MrMurder wrote:So Xbox 360 levels might work?
Nah, because the X360 and PS3 levels are supposed to connect to other levels to make it one open world. Due to that, maybe trying to port a singular level or section would be harder and would require more work compared to the sixth gen levels.
why

MrMurder
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:11 pm

Re: Hey guys

Post by MrMurder »

ThAEm wrote:
MrMurder wrote:So Xbox 360 levels might work?
Nah, because the X360 and PS3 levels are supposed to connect to other levels to make it one open world. Due to that, maybe trying to port a singular level or section would be harder and would require more work compared to the sixth gen levels.
If the devs havee enough time on their hands they could port the entire world lol, but yeah I guess those levels are out of the question.

TomoAlien
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:44 am

Re: THPG Wii Levels

Post by TomoAlien »

Skater1014 wrote:
Morten1337 wrote: The wii version has a format that is more similar to the xbox tho.
Also, the levels themselves in-game are if not identical, then exactly the same as PS2 on the Wii version.

Then again, I never owned the PS2 version but just looking at it online, & trying to emulate it, I can tell that it's the same as the Wii version.
I do legally own & play the Wii version.
Yes, the Wii version is identical to the PS2 version.

Post Reply