THPS HD

THPS HD discussions can go here, about modding, or what ever you want
quazz
Global Moderator

THPS HD

Postby quazz » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:58 pm

Ok, theres a steam-ripped THPS HD floating around, It actually has some loose config files for modding :twisted: . I've reverted the default controls to the numpad, actually plays a lot better than whatever the hell default controls are.

Found some DLC string references stuff? Might mean the next DLC levels are Burnside and Philly.

Code: Select all

LevelDLC_1=Airport
LevelDLC_2=Canada
LevelDLC_3=MW3 Siberia
LevelDLC_4=Burnside
LevelDLC_5=Los Angeles
LevelDLC_6=Philadelphia
Last edited by quazz on Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

KaMeR
VIP

Re: THPS HD

Postby KaMeR » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:50 am

i just notice some canada, la and airport txt but thats all. i see only music/video and .ini files, there is nothing to mod ?

quazz
Global Moderator

Postby quazz » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:56 am

You can do a few things in the .ini files. I've adjusted my game to 852 x 480 & windowed resolution so I can do other things while it loads levels. There is a levels config file which might be neat to edit, however it seems none of the changes I make really take effect, and I have that problem with some other files too. :roll: I'm not too sure. But the biggest help was probably the control fix one, that worked and its a lot easier to play.

The files are kinda a mystery, but here are two things that may be of interest?

http://www.mediafire.com/?flqrcosyn52l7dd
Warehouse Model? I extracted this package and it includes what seems to be meshs/textures for level. But my understanding and ability is kinda limited. Some Borderlands 3 site has some info on the sound files and provided me with some small info but that's about all I know. If someone wants to confirm this is a "model" of the level or not then let me know.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7dqj5blll540tg8
Numpad control assignment, drop in THHDGame/Config

Anteara
VIP

Postby Anteara » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:21 am

Holy shit, Robmodo is fucking lazy. This is a console port if there ever was one; where the fuck is the launcher?
Let's get someone to build a launcher, imo. It wouldn't even be that hard because all the parameters are set out in the ini.

Edit: Also, where is multiplayer?

KaMeR
VIP

Postby KaMeR » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:43 am

found upk unpacker :) but files are compressed

https://sites.google.com/site/0dd14lab2/upkpacker

bAstimc
VIP

Postby bAstimc » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:44 am

i could write launcher :o thpslike
uhm... robomodo fucked it up with multiplayer.. who knows why :roll:

Vadru
VIP

Postby Vadru » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:30 am

probably because multiplayer convert isn't 1 click while using udk rendering and other shits is probably 1 click :? if the game wouldn't suck so much I guess somone would work on making it multiplayerable but since it do suck so much I guess noone will think it's worth it

coolsnake
VIP

Postby coolsnake » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:29 am

You can enable demomode which just straight sends you into warehouse when you start up a game, you can also mess with the gravity.

There are some references to online stuff in there, including gamespy.

References to mobile phone and ipad stuff, there is even an "emulatemobilephoneonpc" setting which doesn't seem to work.

You have straight up access to some debug options, fps counter, opening levels on command.

This is one of those games that caps you at 30 fps if you are not able to run it consistently at 60 FPS, I had to change graphic some settings under system settings in THHDEngine.ini to get stuff to work.

Don't know how easy it is to repack bnk files but in the mean time change the name of WwiseDefaultBank_Audio_School2.bnk to something else to disable those goddamn constant ringing school bells (and other level specific sounds) from School II.

There's also a reference to the X360 avatar skater thingy but it's just invisible when you load that skater.

General advice, don't change stuff in the Base***.ini stuff, go to either Default***.ini in \Tony Hawks Pro Skater HD\THHDGame\Config or THHD***.ini stuff in Documents\My Games\Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD\THHDGame which seems to have more options.
My converterted THUG2 PS2 parks to PC
Thanks to THPSX twitter account for converting. Contains tons of parks from Evil God, A couple from me (Beryllium, Belgian Prison), KSK Rooftops 2 and 3, Vex-Middle East, Verty Hollow from Mike, Ruin Cap etc...

bAstimc
VIP

Postby bAstimc » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:06 am

ok i will install the game in few hours and then i could check which options i can add to the launcher :D

Demo
VIP

Postby Demo » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:31 am

this game can be modded as well as other unreal games, look for unreal tools around. i believe there is a way to edit scripts.

files are not mystery at all, most (if not all) are defult unreal files, they didnt pack anything additionally. in most cases you can understand what is inside file by its filename. obviously THHD_<level>_*****.upk are level related files (textures, materials, meshes, maybe smth else). files like Core.upk and Engine.upk are scripts i believe. SkaterArchetypes_SF.upk - skater models and some other stuff.

to watch and export unreal models use umodel tool, it worked great for xbox version.
http://www.gildor.org/en/projects/umodel

Return to “THPS HD”