Disney Extreme Skate Adventure & THPS4

Discussion about Pre-THUG1 things can go here, such as modding, etc
quazz
Global Moderator

Disney Extreme Skate Adventure & THPS4

Post by quazz »

I was able to port some Disney models to THPS4 with just some hex editing. Yes, Col & Tex is in the same format, mdl is 99% identical just needs to be aligned a bit. I'll post up how to do this if I can do a bit more to confirm it. If so I guess all Disney levels can be added to THPS4. Here is the goal_buzz_collect gameobject which replaced arrow.mdl.

ZurePitchmen83
VIP

Re: Disney Extreme Skate Adventure & THPS4

Post by ZurePitchmen83 »

Cool, have you tried porting disney levels to THPS4?

it would be so cool playing in them ;)

quazz
Global Moderator

Post by quazz »

Thanks Zure. I tried my hand at a couple levels, but couldn't seem to "align" them in hex to load properly llike I did with the gameobject models. I'd continue but I don't regularly play THPS4 as much as THUG1 & 2.

bAstimc
VIP

Post by bAstimc »

my disney extreme skate adventure is broken damn :x

ZurePitchmen83
VIP

Post by ZurePitchmen83 »

quazz7654 wrote:Thanks Zure. I tried my hand at a couple levels, but couldn't seem to "align" them in hex to load properly llike I did with the gameobject models.
You can't just replace both of one levels *.SCN and *.COL files and expect it to load, you have to add a new level to the list for it to work, maybe that's why, Levels.qb and Gamemenu.qb are the QB scripts to edit for this ;), try doing that and see if it works, i should also add that you MUST also copy and convert the Level models that the level has (Peds, Props, Vehicles) otherwise it won't load

Morten1337
Site Admin

Post by Morten1337 »

ZurePitchmen83 wrote:
quazz7654 wrote:Thanks Zure. I tried my hand at a couple levels, but couldn't seem to "align" them in hex to load properly llike I did with the gameobject models.
You can't just replace both of one levels *.SCN and *.COL files and expect it to load, you have to add a new level to the list for it to work, maybe that's why, Levels.qb and Gamemenu.qb are the QB scripts to edit for this ;), try doing that and see if it works, i should also add that you MUST also copy and convert the Level models that the level has (Peds, Props, Vehicles) otherwise it won't load
The levels.qb wont do a thing, you can still load level scenery without adding it to the menu.
But these levels wont load anyways... they are not the same format.

ZurePitchmen83
VIP

Post by ZurePitchmen83 »

Morten, i figured THPS4/Disney Extreme Skate Adventure XBOX and PC formats are different, seeing what gone said here in THPS-MODS about THPS4 model format
%.gone wrote:i was talking with whoda a little while ago about XBOX to PC conversion, he had mentioned the textures weren't wrapped around the objects the same way on both machines
It was posted in THUG1 Lost Levels Thread but i think he meant to talk about THPS4 model format, since from the way i see it THUG1 XBOX and PC formats are the same, THPS4 has some differences on the format

%.gone.
Global Moderator

Post by %.gone. »

%.gone. wrote: he had mentioned the textures weren't wrapped around the objects the same way on both machines
This in no way says the formats are different.
However, given that it's quite rare to find two files that are exactly identical coming from two different platforms/two different games, you're probably right.
Also, it was PS2 -> PC
quazz wrote: Anyway, in the PS2 version of THUG, there are also the files for College from THPS4 (in the levels directory), these were deleted from the Xbox and PC versions of THUG.
quazz wrote: but obviously, you know that they are in PS2 level format and won't be compatible with the Xbox or PC version.
The below statement is WRONG though
%.gone. wrote: you'd simply have to deal with the endian issues
Because, xbox/pc/ps2 are all little endian.

For those interested in reading the topic
Last edited by %.gone. on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

quazz
Global Moderator

Post by quazz »

Zure,

each game, thps4, thug1, thug2 are the same format for each game version on Xbox/Pc, with no differences. Meaning you can take a file from either system and use it on the other, as long as its the same game. Disney was only released on Xbox and not PC, the model files (mdl/scn) are in a very similar format to THPS4 but are not quite the same.