The Levelmod Project (THPS4)

Discussion about Pre-THUG1 things can go here, such as modding, etc
ZurePitchmen83
VIP

The Levelmod Project (THPS4)

Postby ZurePitchmen83 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:44 am

Playing THPS3 Levels in THPS4, Is that even possible?, i had an idea of doing such thing, although there needs to be changes done to the data files (BSP-to-SCN) as that the formats are different, i know the formats used in these games, so it could be more than possible, however, i haven't even started converting since i have no tools :roll: , but if anyone made the tools i would be more then happy to have them, although the only levels i want for now is Warehouse, and Burnside which are unlockable by completing the game, but since those are basic levels, there could be a 80% chance for successful conversion

Demo
VIP

Re: The Levelmod Project (THPS4)

Postby Demo » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:21 am

duh look, at this point of thps modding, if you cannot write tool to convert maps means that you cannot make a mod. if someone will write a tool to convert maps, means that YOU weren't involved in this mod in any way.

me and vadru made tools for thps3 -> we're making levelmod
morten wrote tool for thug2 -> he's making ug2levelmod

do u see the logic? i hope you do.

let me explain in the other words. i KNOW that it's 100% possible to convert ANY map to ANY thps game (hard work so u dont think it's 2 click), but i don't pretend to, neither i ask someone to do it for me. contrary, your every second post is like "it would be cool if someone would write a tool for me, then I'll make a mod".

it's good that you're so addicted to tony hawk games, but please, do something useful and don't think much about things you're bad at. you'll surely know about a levelmod for thps4 if it will be ever released.

bAstimc
VIP

Postby bAstimc » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:54 am

Demo wrote:duh look, at this point of thps modding, if you cannot write tool to convert maps means that you cannot make a mod. if someone will write a tool to convert maps, means that YOU weren't involved in this mod in any way.

let me explain in the other words. i KNOW that it's 100% possible to convert ANY map to ANY thps game (hard work so u dont think it's 2 click), but i don't pretend to, neither i ask someone to do it for me. contrary, your every second post is like "it would be cool if someone would write a tool for me, then I'll make a mod".

it's good that you're so addicted to tony hawk games, but please, do something useful and don't think much about things you're bad at. you'll surely know about a levelmod for thps4 if it will be ever released.

1up

even thps4 isnt that active online so it isnt worth 100%

Demo
VIP

Postby Demo » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:02 am

bAstimc wrote:even thps4 isnt that active online so it isnt worth 100%

not active because no in-game join server funcion. in a single day i played in 4 random hosts that i joined by IP found by thps.us.

ZurePitchmen83
VIP

Postby ZurePitchmen83 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:40 pm

Demo wrote:duh look, at this point of thps modding, if you cannot write tool to convert maps means that you cannot make a mod. if someone will write a tool to convert maps, means that YOU weren't involved in this mod in any way.

I understand, i simply started by replacing the level select buttons for Carnival and Chicago with Burnside and Warehouse levels, Now I'm working on converting the levels, I guess I shouldn't have posted the progress of this mod pretty early when it was in planning

ZurePitchmen83
VIP

Postby ZurePitchmen83 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:19 pm

Ok, I know this is already an old thread, But anyways, I've resumed development for this project, Now Instead of focusing on converting THPS3 levels first, I'll be focusing on the Classic Mode/Lost levels from THUG1 and 2 before converting levels from earlier games, Since THUG1 and 2 are closer to THPS4 than it is to THPS3 and earlier, Here's the result of converting Downhill Jam level, Using both the THUG1 Lost Levels (left) and THUG2 Classic Mode versions (right), I was able to get it to load, But haven't exactly been able to get Player 1's restart position correct so It ends up being stuck in the Skybox
Image Image

Morten1337
Site Admin

Postby Morten1337 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:11 pm

cool!
you should enable the viewer camera, or add a no-clip function maybe?
also have you converted the collision files?

ZurePitchmen83
VIP

Postby ZurePitchmen83 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:49 pm

Morten1337 wrote:cool!
you should enable the viewer camera, or add a no-clip function maybe?
also have you converted the collision files?

My method for this is converting level models and collision to THPS4 Format and (for THUG1-2 Levels) using the original texture files, + Removing functions that weren't implemented in THPS4 from the scripts, However, There are some bugs noticeable on the right screenshot, Since the only file changed was the model itself which explains the missing textures and everything being out of place, Collision conversion also has some slight issues because when using the "Skip to Restart" function the skater gets stuck even on what seems to be a skate-able spot. :P

ZurePitchmen83
VIP

Postby ZurePitchmen83 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:36 pm

It's almost here...
Click here for the teaser video
Click the thumbnail below for full-sized screenshot

quazz
Global Moderator

Postby quazz » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:33 am

Can't wait for the mod zure. Glad to see you got Downhill Jam's col converted!

Return to “Legacy THPS”