THPS4 Unused Minigame?

Discussion about Pre-THUG1 things can go here, such as modding, etc
ThAEm

THPS4 Unused Minigame?

Postby ThAEm » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:17 am

Looks like there is an unused basketball mini-game in the files. I don't know if it's functional or not, but I think it might be. The script file is called minigame_basketball.qb.

I found this text in it:

Code: Select all

"Basketballer:\n 'sup dog. I bet you fitty bucks you can't make 8 shots in 10 tries. "
"Hold \b3 to shoot, release \b3 at the very top of your jump to bust a 3 pointer. \n"
"Press \b1 at any time to wuss out, punk."

I dunno. Maybe someone already talked about this. Even if so, I still wanted to share it since I didn't see other topics about it, and the fact that you would've been able to shoot some b-ball outside the school one time in development. (well, college actually, but you get the point. :mrgreen: )

P.S.: The mini-game QB's are also in THUG1's scripts, most likely leftovers.
"We underground pro, can't go gimmicky." -Frog One

Kenny

Re: THPS4 Unused Minigame?

Postby Kenny » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:52 am

script for npc in college.

Morten1337
Site Admin

Postby Morten1337 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:06 pm

I got this mingame working a many years ago.
It should be functional without alot of work. Although i had to swap the skateboard with the bball model.

THUG1 also has 2 unused minigames, but they're not playable.

In the hawaii scripts you can find references to a surfing minigame, and a golfing minigame.

You can see the golf ball object in hawaii if you use noclip. Anims and some scripts are missing, so it probably wasn't finished.

The surfing minigame references some "wave" objects that are no longer found in the scene mesh. I think it was reusing some special trick anims, and some scripts were missing. So i guess both of them we're cut early in development.

Another thing.. im pretty sure there were supposed to be more "betting" minigames in thps4. In the scripts you can find references to a goal type called "betting_guy".

ThAEm

Postby ThAEm » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:41 pm

Morten1337 wrote:I got this mingame working a many years ago.
It should be functional without alot of work. Although i had to swap the skateboard with the bball model.

THUG1 also has 2 unused minigames, but they're not playable.

In the hawaii scripts you can find references to a surfing minigame, and a golfing minigame.

You can see the golf ball object in hawaii if you use noclip. Anims and some scripts are missing, so it probably wasn't finished.

The surfing minigame references some "wave" objects that are no longer found in the scene mesh. I think it was reusing some special trick anims, and some scripts were missing. So i guess both of them we're cut early in development.

Another thing.. im pretty sure there were supposed to be more "betting" minigames in thps4. In the scripts you can find references to a goal type called "betting_guy".

Damn. This shit should be in the Cutting Room Floor's page for THPS4. The page has pretty much NOTHING in it, like the other THPS pages on TCRF.
"We underground pro, can't go gimmicky." -Frog One

Return to “Legacy THPS”