[THUG1] [PC] Xbox Soundtrack Quality & Random OST Patch

New mods can be put here with the game name at the beginning.
Forum rules
Specifiy what game it is for and give reasonable instructions on how to install it.
Give credit where credit is due.
Catarax
VIP

[THUG1] [PC] Xbox Soundtrack Quality & Random OST Patch

Postby Catarax » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:42 pm

Image Image

The soundtrack on PC is too much compressed, here's the one on Xbox to PC, converted directly from the game files.

Download (531MO)
Game may require Admin right on THUG.exe
Last edited by Catarax on Wed May 10, 2017 4:03 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Catarax
VIP

Re: [THUG1] [PC] Xbox Soundtrack Quality & Random OST Patch

Postby Catarax » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:43 am

Update
- Random soundtrack patch added

idemoopet

Postby idemoopet » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:09 pm

I don't have enough knowledge about Xbox version of THUG 1 & 2. Please could you explain if there was uncompressed wav or some other format soundtrack in Xbox version and which software did you use to convert the songs to bik? How much quality was lost (if any) on that conversion?

Also, is it possible to export Xbox soundtrack without compressing files (as wav maybe) and play it on your PC audio player such as Foobar2000 or WMP?
Thanks!

Catarax
VIP

Postby Catarax » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:16 pm

idemoopet wrote:I don't have enough knowledge about Xbox version of THUG 1 & 2. Please could you explain if there was uncompressed wav or some other format soundtrack in Xbox version and which software did you use to convert the songs to bik? How much quality was lost (if any) on that conversion?

Also, is it possible to export Xbox soundtrack without compressing files (as wav maybe) and play it on your PC audio player such as Foobar2000 or WMP?
Thanks!
Last edited by Catarax on Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

idemoopet

Postby idemoopet » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:03 pm

Thanks for explanation. :) I saw your other threads with best possible soundtrack quality ripped from Xbox, Gamecube etc. platforms and converted to use with PC versions of games.
Although this is great work and of course I appreciate it very much, would you be so kind to rip and upload all those soundtracks again under new topic, but keeping original audio files, and not converting/compressing them for PC versions of games?
I am sure I am not the only one who would like to have all TH games soundtracks in best possible quality that can actually play on shuffle in Foobar in background, while I play TH game of a choice. That way you could easily make playlist with any song you want from TH series, or even include them all. It would be so much more convenient than converting soundtracks from wanted game and replacing original with it, and then you are also limited with number of the songs. :oops:

Catarax
VIP

Postby Catarax » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:12 pm

idemoopet wrote:Thanks for explanation. :) I saw your other threads with best possible soundtrack quality ripped from Xbox, Gamecube etc. platforms and converted to use with PC versions of games.
Although this is great work and of course I appreciate it very much, would you be so kind to rip and upload all those soundtracks again under new topic, but keeping original audio files, and not converting/compressing them for PC versions of games?
I am sure I am not the only one who would like to have all TH games soundtracks in best possible quality that can actually play on shuffle in Foobar in background, while I play TH game of a choice. That way you could easily make playlist with any song you want from TH series, or even include them all. It would be so much more convenient than converting soundtracks from wanted game and replacing original with it, and then you are also limited with number of the songs. :oops:
Last edited by Catarax on Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

idemoopet

Postby idemoopet » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:26 pm

Wow! That is awesome collection. Any chance you could share it with community? :oops:
Thanks for the links for that Foobar decoder!

idemoopet

Postby idemoopet » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:25 pm

Anyway, I extracted files from Xbox iso of this game, and music files are .DAT and .WAD files. There aren't any .XWAV files.
Am I missing something here? Thanks!

idemoopet

Postby idemoopet » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:37 pm

Lol, I asked this loser Catarax for soundtracks, I even offered small PayPal donation and this was his answer:

Code: Select all

My prices :

THPS 1 : 20$
THPS 2 : 20$
THPS 3 : 20$
THPS 4 : 20$

30$ for others albums, I also have ripped Disney Extreme Skate Adventure, Jackass the game and MTX Mototrax.

Lol, what a loser, trying to sell game soundtracks that he ripped from games for 20$ and 30$ each. :lol: And of course he lied about audio formats that you get when you extract files from iso, and when I asked here in thread he ignored, I also asked in PM and he literally answered that he won't help me.

Anyway I managed to extract wav from wad files using quickbms and script that works for several Tony Hawk games, link to discussion and links is here: https://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?t=3553

Catarax
VIP

Postby Catarax » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:40 pm

This is me on the zenhax forum anyway.
Good for you for managing doing it.

Return to “Mod Releases”